Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Final Thoughts on England...

British Lingo...

During our time in the UK, we've been quite entertained by the English accents and chatter all around us. The British sure use the English language beautifully. Andy even commented that he wished all sports were announced by the British ha. Here's a list of the "British Lingo" (i.e. words we hear often during our stay)...


  • Entirely
  • Queue (a line of people)
  • Extremely
  • Quite
  • Loo (a washroom)
  • A bit (instead of "some")
  • Brilliant (my favourite one... will be using that one more!)
 
An Unexpected Encounter...

On our first day in London, while roaming the city, we stopped in Covent Garden, a square with nice little shops. I (Andy) was looking around at the scenery and caught two faces that I thought I recognized. I had a second look and I met eyes with Tom, one of my former floormates from my university dorm in St.Catharines, Ontario! And right beside Tom was Aaron, another one of my former floormates! This was incredible for a few reasons. London is a city of 8 million people. What are the chances that I would see two familiar faces in my three days in this city?? And these weren't just distant acquaintances. These were two guys that I spent many a good time with, but I hadn't seen them in three years! Tom is now doing his Master's in London and Aaron was visiting him along with another former dormmate of mine. Needless to say we had a good, quick chat and went on our ways. What a small world it is!

 
 
Ireland posts to come... soooooo GREEN!

 

1 comment:

  1. Other words you may have learned...
    Knackered (tired)
    Well - used as an adverb (well posh)
    Rammed...

    ReplyDelete